The clubhouse and facilities would be fully accessible by members of STA and its affiliates.The main function of the building would serve as:
- A one-stop centre for all Sabah Tennis Association’s and its affiliates activities and programs.
- There would be a STA administration office manned on full time basis for management of tennis courts, coordinate tennis trainings and tournament secretariat.
- There would also be meeting area and audiovisual facilities to cater for coaching of coaches, instructors and tennis players.
- Tennis Pro-shop, equipment storage area for players convenience for restringing and the like.
- There is a open air viewing gallery at the roof top.
- A tennis academy to be set up in this centre to cater for ITF 10’s under coaching program and other age groups.
With the completion of the STA Clubhouse and its supporting facilities, STA’s main objective of “Scouting Talents From School Kids” can be realized in due course. The tennis public could also have a base for interaction and sharing the sport of tennis. All levels of training can be carried out and regular Tennis tournaments both local and international level such as: Both the 1Malaysia Datin Rosmah Mansoor Cup and the Asian Tennis Federation (ATF) 14U tournaments will be more prestigiously organized.
STA is very confident that the realization of this long due clubhouse will house and be the base of the Sabah tennis academy. Sabah tennis players will be able improve to a higher level which also compliments the government’s effort to develop state, national and international athletes.
The proposed location for the Sabah Tennis Association (STA) Clubhouse would be located at the open space adjacent to the Likas Sports Complex Tennis Courts, specifically Court #1 and #2.
It commands a direct view to most of the tennis courts, easily accessible with ample parking spaces.
The proposed location of the building would be situated on a flat ground and no major site works would be involved.
Cost & Schedule
|Total Construction Cost||RM 2,499,970|
|Piling Works||RM 135,000|
|Building Works||RM 1,765,200|
|Mechanical & Electrical Works||RM 180,000|
|Signages and Others-Provisional Sum||RM 45,000|
|Professional Fees||RM 227,270|
As the clubhouse is one of the main priorities for Sabah Tennis development programs, the association aimed to conduct full-scale fund rising activities starting this year 2012. The association would also seek for the government’s and corporate contributions. Construction would commence in 2012, and be ready for occupation by 2014 if all the proposed plans go as schedule.
See how you can donate